It looks like spring has finally arrived here at Scribe, and with it some new product releases. I’m happy to announce a major improvement for customers and partners that want to extend the platform – the release of our DevPortal. Before you tune out (if you don’t consider yourself a developer… ) this new portal is for both technical and non-technical people. It provides a single, convenient location to go for information and tools to help you take the platform beyond what it currently does using Scribe API’s or the SDK tools.
So, what is this new portal? As a veteran of the hospitality and travel industry, I like to make things as simple as possible. In fact, just as easy as booking a hotel room with all of those extras. This new portal is a “one stop” resource. Its primary goal is to get you going quickly on extending the Scribe platform capabilities – either by embedding the API in your own application or extending the existing connectivity of the platform. For example, the API examples provided include projects such as a simple documentation application and a complete reference application that illustrates how to monitor your integrations. Connectivity examples provided in the DevPortal show you how to build common extensions, so you can, among other things:
- Configure an endpoint (out of the box functionality) to respond to requests and take action.
- Create a connector that processes message queues.
Some of the highlights of the DevPortal are that it allows you to:
- Create your own development trial in our Sandbox. In this safe environment, you can start today to experiment with our developer tools and the integration platform.
- Access samples and examples in our GitLab library.
- Access Scribe’s extensive API help and use the working reference applications. You can try out the demo online after you have signed up for a trial!
- Access the full SDK, which now includes the Connector Development Kit and the Fast Connector and Messaging Frameworks.
- Get answers to those tricky questions by communicating with developers at Scribe and in the community through the Developer forum.
- Get up to speed quickly on Scribe Online. We have a Scribe 101 resource under Getting Started that will help anyone new to Scribe Online. It’s designed for those who are a bit more technical, but we’ve kept this simple and to the point.
Get started today and see how you can start leveraging Scribe in new ways.
You’ve Got This!