Scribe Insight 7.6 is now available for download. Insight 7.6 features a number of updates to the core to better support bulk operations with Adapter for Salesforce and to add bulk operations support for the Adapter for Dynamics CRM. The Insight 7.6 release also includes fixes for customer reported issues and other defects in the core product and the adapters for Dynamics CRM, Salesforce and Web Services.
Adapter for Salesforce
- With the Adapter for Salesforce, Insight now supports bulk Insert, Upsert, Update and Delete operations. Previously the adapter supported only bulk Insert operations.
- Using bulk operations can dramatically reduce the number of hits against the Salesforce API.
- For Salesforce target connections, you can now select the Upsert operation from the Configure Target dialog box. Upsert is available for both basic and bulk operation along with any of the available target configuration settings.
Adapter for Dynamics CRM
- For the Adapter for Dynamics CRM, Insight now supports bulk Insert, Update and Delete operations.
- The message priority feature, introduced with Insight v7.5.2, is now available for the Publisher for Dynamics CRM.
- Message Priority for Dynamics CRM 2011 Publishers. Insight Version 7.5.2 introduced the message priority feature for managing messages. With this release, the message priority feature is now available when configuring the Dynamics CRM 2011 Publisher.
Extended support for bulk operations. For data stores that support bulk operations (such as Dynamics CRM and Salesforce), you can now configure DTS files to specify bulk processing with basic insert, update, and delete.
You can now set bulk operations for individual steps within a DTS file. Prior to Insight Version 7.6, the Bulk Insert feature was set for the entire DTS file, rather than for each step. When you open a DTS file that uses the Bulk Insert feature, the Bulk Insert mode settings will be configured on each step of the DTS file. While this feature adds flexibility, it also requires careful DTS design. Be sure to read Using Bulk Operations in the Scribe Insight Online Help before configuring bulk operations.
New Insight Help Library. The Scribe Insight Help Library is undergoing an upgrade. For the new library, we are using a new help authoring tool, which gives us support for multiple browsers, and makes it easier to maintain. Online Help for the following applications is available from the new Insight Help Library:
- Scribe Insight v7.6.0
- Scribe Adapter for Dynamics CRM v5.3
- Scribe Adapter for Salesforce v2.7
- Scribe Adapter for Web Services v1.5
- Scribe Jumpstart: Dynamics AX to Dynamics CRM
Online Help for the remaining applications is available from the original Insight Help Library. Over the next few months, we will migrate the help for these products to the new help library.
If you would like to see more information about Insight 7.6 and related adapters you can download the release notes, which include the requirements, information about the upgrade process, and notes about specific defects that were fixed.